- RSS Channel Showcase 7237325
- RSS Channel Showcase 7422959
- RSS Channel Showcase 6934163
- RSS Channel Showcase 5861077
Articles on this Page
- 09/12/18--09:59: _Episode 275 – Neil ...
- 09/14/18--07:55: _Episode 276 – Krist...
- 09/19/18--10:09: _Episode 277 – Dan S...
- 09/26/18--11:30: _Episode 278 – Cory ...
- 10/03/18--10:19: _Episode 279 – Jamie...
- 10/10/18--12:36: _Episode 280 – Shane...
- 10/12/18--17:51: _Episode 281 – Ahmed...
- 10/17/18--13:52: _Episode 282 – Tom Z...
- 10/24/18--18:42: _Episode 283 – Jared...
- 10/31/18--12:39: _Episode 284 – Phil ...
- 11/14/18--19:42: _Episode 285 – Allis...
- 11/21/18--09:30: _Episode 286 – Josh ...
- 11/28/18--16:26: _Episode 287 – Nell ...
- 11/30/18--09:02: _Episode 288 – Nigel...
- 12/05/18--07:31: _Episode 289 – Famil...
- 12/12/18--19:13: _Episode 290 – Famil...
- 09/12/18--09:59: Episode 275 – Neil Innes
- 09/19/18--10:09: Episode 277 – Dan Schlissel on The Uncle Dirty Primer
- 09/26/18--11:30: Episode 278 – Cory Doctorow on the Haunted Mansion album
- 10/03/18--10:19: Episode 279 – Jamie Alcroft on The Button-Down Mind of Bob Newhart
- 10/10/18--12:36: Episode 280 – Shane Houghton on Tenacious D’s Self-Titled Album
- 10/17/18--13:52: Episode 282 – Tom Zawacki on Nick Thune – Folk Hero
- 10/24/18--18:42: Episode 283 – Jared Jeffries on The Chicago Language Tape
- 11/14/18--19:42: Episode 285 – Allison Dore on The Best of Spike Jones
- 11/21/18--09:30: Episode 286 – Josh Clark on Steve Martin – A Wild and Crazy Guy
- 11/28/18--16:26: Episode 287 – Nell Scovell on An Evening Wasted with Tom Lehrer
- 11/30/18--09:02: Episode 288 – Nigel Planer
I don’t know where to start, except to say that Neil Innes is a human pop culture hub of the 60s. His own brilliant work with the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band collided creatively with both pre-Python Monty Python and The … Continue reading
Kristian Bruun returns! This time, to talk about an album he’d wanted to hear for a long time and one I grew up listening to. This was an incredibly fun time, and we talk a ton about Jerry O’Connell because … Continue reading
Dan Schlissel is back with a weird, obscure album whose origins remain at least somewhat shrouded in mystery. Lots of fun, as always, with the founder of Stand Up! Records. He also made some time for Marc Maron on this … Continue reading
Cory Doctorow returns! This time to talk about the Haunted Mansion – and the album about it that co-stars Ron Howard. Host: Jason Klamm Producer: Mike Worden Guest: Cory Doctorow BoingBoing.net The Story And Song From The Haunted Mansion on Discogs Check out Celery … Continue reading
Jamie Alcroft stops by to talk about his early comedy album listening days and his days building up to his years as a comedy duo, performing on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and working on his own TV show. Host: Jason Klamm … Continue reading
Shane Houghton of The Disney Channel’s delightful Big City Greens stops by to talk about an early influence – Tenacious D – and getting his favorite comic voices to appear on his show. Host: Jason Klamm Producer: Mike Worden Guest: Shane Houghton Big City … Continue reading
Ahmed Bharoocha of DreamCorp, LLC stops by to talk about an album we’ve never talked about before and it’s a blast. Host: Jason Klamm Producer: Mike Worden Guest: Ahmed Bharooocha DreamCorp, LLC The Button-Down Mind Strikes Back on Discogs Check out Celery Sound Records, my … Continue reading
Tom Zawacki is a stand up and works the prop department on The Good Place (he also did the same job on one of my favorite shows, Parks and Rec). We had a grand time talking about Nick Thune on the show … Continue reading
Jared is a delight, a huge comedy nerd, and he’s half of the duo that created one of my favorite sketch albums in years, the vinyl-only A Gift You Didn’t Ask for From Friends You Never Had which, full disclosure, is … Continue reading
I grew up on shows like Everybody Loves Raymond and Phil Rosenthal grew up listening to easily too much comedy on vinyl. It’s hard to argue with the results, because Phil creates shows and stars in them – Somebody Feed Phil … Continue reading
Allison Dore does comedy, does radio, and now does owning a female-centric comedy record label, Howl and Roar Records. This week we talk Spike Jones and get DEEP into Canadian Content. Host: Jason Klamm Producer: Mike Worden Guest: Allison Dore howlandroarrecords.com The Best … Continue reading
Josh Clark co-hosts the wonderful Stuff You Should Know podcast and also has a new podcast, The End of the World with Josh Clark. He wanted to talk about A Wild and Crazy Guy but for a NEW reason – he’d never heard … Continue reading
Nell Scovell has written a bit of everything and has a great book out now called “Just the Funny Parts.” We had fun talk about Tom Lehrer. Host: Jason Klamm Producer: Mike Worden Guest: Nell Scovell Buy “Just the Funny Parts” An Evening … Continue reading
You might know Nigel Planer as Neil from The Young Ones, or you might have seen him in a million other things, or heard him discussed on this very podcast, not long ago. He sat down (I assume) to talk … Continue reading
I discovered a vanity press album not long ago, with a weird anthropomorphic dog on it, called Mr. *Silver* Spitzdawson. I bought it, and I soon after bought the follow-up. They are weird, rambly and filled with the joy of … Continue reading
Mitch Myers is not only the archivist for the Shel Silverstein archive, but he is also Shel’s nephew. This week we talk about a great album filled with irony and delightful comedy songs. Host: Jason Klamm Producer: Mike Worden Guest: Mitch Myers ShelSilverstein.com … Continue reading